Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Herr Julius Moser, our Inspiration!


"I must write down your names so that I don't forget to contact you, when I have more students and can start a new batch", he said as he walked to fetch his notebook. His shaky hands wrote our names.

He then rolled into ‘Flash Back’ and related to us his journey from Germany to India. I was observing him intently. His speech easily reflected his devotion and passion for his profession. His age defying exuberance was worth envying! I and Joe exchanged an awestruck look.

He came to see us till the gate. "I don’t much know Marathi though”, he said. “I know only two words - 'Kutra ani Kutri'!", he said chuckling. Joe laughed. I managed to give a bleak smile; mainly because I was completely enchanted with the chastity of this guy in front of me... and partly because his huge pet dog had also accompanied!... ... ...

Gestern ist Herr Julius Moser gestorben! The man, the inspiration behind the Linguistics department in our University has left for the heavenly abode. May his soul rest in peace!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww.. I could discretely remember the hand gestures he taught us resembling to the action of shooting. Such a sweet person. Even in those 10 mins, he managed to leave a mark on us, too distinguished to be forgotten.

    May his soul RIP. :)

    ReplyDelete